No matter what level you are at on car knowledge, there are some easy tips and tricks you can do yourself to keep your vehicle in great shape.
There are thousands of tips and tricks that are out there that you could use but we narrowed it down to some of our favorites.
1. Park in the Shade
– We’re fans of the sun too but the UV rays over time can cause damage to the interior of your car. Try to park in the shade if possible and if not use a car shade in your windshield.
2. Keep Your Car Clean
– While this doesn’t seem like it would be a big deal, but allowing your car to become filthy can cause damage to the inside of your car. This can cause your car to lose value as well.
3. Tape Broken Light Covers
– Sometimes you can crack one of your light covers which might not seem like a huge deal. The truth is if water gets in there it can cause serious damage. To avoid it you just need to get some cheap light tape and cover the crack until you can get the fixture replaced.
4. Nail Polish for Window Chips
– This might sound very bizarre but it’s true! Clear nail polish can help hold a small chip or crack in your windshield. If the chip is large or starts to spread, take it to get fixed.
5. Wash in the Winter
– Most people don’t think that washing your car in the winter is necessary but it’s actually when you need to wash it the most! Sand, salt, ice and snow makes the perfect combination for rust which makes for an awful combination on your vehicle!
– This might be time consuming or a hassle but it can extend the life of your car’s paint by protecting against rust. It will also keep your car shining like new.
7. Tire Care
– Keep your tires inflated properly for the winter and summer months. You need more air in the winter to balance out the cold and less in the summer to balance out the heat. Also make sure to check the tread of your tires! If you let your tire tread get too low you can easily get a flat tire from running over something small that will puncture it.
8. Check Your Fluids
– Once a month just pop the hood to your vehicle and check the brake fluid, windshield washer fluid, oil and others. Keeping your fluids in check will help your vehicle run even smoother!